The Original USA NordicTrack Achiever - "Built for the Fitness Enthusiast" with calibrated resistance gauges! This was a Consumer Reports 'Best Buy' in the early 90's with an original cost of $770- (that's over $1,300 today when adjusted for inflation).
All Nordic Fitness Ski Machines come with the following exclusive Upgrades & Better than New Warranty;
- 53" Maintenance Free Ski Shims Replace 1" Center "Guides". NO WOOD ON WOOD CONTACT.
- Extended Length Solid Core Grips with Rubber Cap for a finished look.
- Adjustable Diameter Sport Bottle Holder Hard Mounted with Specialized Sport Bottle
- Decorative Nordic Brass Ski Tip Accents
- 1 Year Bumper to Bumper and 3 Years Side to Side Drive Warranty
The Achiever is a full-featured NordicTrack that's ideal for those interested in closely monitoring their fitness progress. With the Achiever, you can accurately measure, in pounds or kilograms, the resistance by using the calibrated resistance settings on the upper- and lower body exerciser gauges. This is a sweet machine without the jumpy gauge or 'jitters' common with this model and those that have not been properly tuned. We remove the flywheel coating which caused excessive binding back to the original brushed steel for smooth performance from start to finish. Similar to the Medalist - only Oak instead of Walnut and without the gold anniversary adornments.
- Calibrated upper- and lower-body resistance gauges
- Adjustable upper body resistance settings
- Adjustable lower body resistance settings via dial "as you ski"
- Better Footing Plus Adjustable Incline with Chrome Legs
- Solid Oak, Chrome & black steel construction.
- Medium or Honey Oak stain
- Handlebar support
- Adjustable vinyl hip pad
- Folds for storage
PRO vs. ACHIEVER: These are both identically framed skiers, EXCEPT the ACHIEVER has calibrated gauges which actively measure the RESISTANCE. The ACHIEVER allows you to adjust the leg resistance "on the fly" or as you ski by simply turning a dial. (vs. stopping and raising or lowering the belt tension clip manually on the upright tube of the PRO). The arm exerciser works the same except the ACHIEVER has a active gauge with a large arrow as you pull the arm cords both left & right. RESISTANCE is not to be confused with a performance monitor which measures TIME - SPEED - CALORIES and DISTANCE. Some performance monitors also have an odometer and / or with an optional Heart Rate / Pulse module
Look for the Gold Medalist Medallion to know it's A Genuine Nordic Fitness Ski Machine !
ACHIEVER COMPARED TO PRO
ACHIEVER has calibrated resistance gauges and ability to adjust tension "on the fly" or as you ski.
PRO COMPARED TO MEDALIST
MEDALIST is 15th Anniversary Edition and essentially a glorified Achiever. The most popular and striking feature of the MEDALIST is the Custom Skis; Beveled, Round Tipped with Brass Accents. We can hand craft custom skis for any ski machine for $95- addl.